Short Stuff

As I wrote in my last post, I spent six weeks this winter taking Christina Katz's class Writing and Publishing the Short Stuff (Especially for Moms). I was looking for a manageable class (both time and money) in which I could see measurable results from what I learned. I really did love the class and I learned a lot.


First of all I learned to look at a magazine completely differently. I learned about the different types of smaller content they often get via freelance writers. I learned that it is possible to get published and start to acquire those all important clips. I learned to have more confidence in my writing too. Lastly, but absolutely not least I learned more about myself.

I'm working on incorporating what I learned in this class into my writing life. I still have a long ways to go to get to where I want to be, but I feel like the momentum is still there. I'm excited to see what the next few weeks and months hold. Next on my plate other than my normal writing to do list is the Columbus State Writers Conference.

0 comments: